Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Dreams


Dreams are dangerous.  When you follow your dreams you have to do so rationally.  It seems contradictory, but that is what has to be done.  Otherwise, you become Captain Ahab chasing your own private whale.  Following your dreams can bankrupt you, financially and emotionally.

I only say this because, I am seriously thinking about making a leap.  I don't want to do this blindly though.  There is a lot of potential for failure and a slim margin for success.  It would take significant investment on my part, both time and money.  The only conclusion I can come to is that I need to research this a whole lot more. 

What is driving me to this is the fact that I am not happy with my life.  I feel that I should be more successful or doing something else.  I feel like I am getting too comfortable with the way things are and if I don't change soon it will be too late.  I also have no potential career change paths.  I have an English degree.  This qualifies me for nothing.  The worst part of this is that I don't know what I even want to do.  But, I have always had an idea for something I might like to do as my own business.  I guess it has been my dream. 

Now, will I have the balls to take the leap if my research says that it is a viable option?

4 comments:

Jody said...

ooh- this is scary. I know the feeling of wanting to do something and having to weigh the risks realistically. It can be quite intimidating. I will pray that God gives you wisdom in your decision.

Carrie Nichols said...

I wish I had some words of wisdom but I don't. I guess I can only say do it while you're young.

It reminds me of The Weatherman. Have you seen that movie? The Nicholas Cage character talks about how when you're young you can be anything you want--the possibilities are endless. But the older you get the decrease until one day you wake up and realize "This is it. This is who I am and I'm not ever going to be that other person I dreamed about when I was young."

Anonymous said...

hmmm...and just wherre do you think the name onward ho came from???

It is a brilliant business idea that I have not shared with anyone.

Anonymous said...

wanna be independantly wealthy? I know you don't care about that. How about the fact that I am capable of attracting the right investors...

kids in private school...no more working for the man....

don't leave me hanging. you are my contributing writer, and people are starting to email me about that......

Please read through my log thoroughly and you will see - sorry I couldn't bring all the comments on necropolis with me...there were about 20...you did an awesome job...

Seriously consider HNT.

email me if you are confused. Which you are.

You were once a troop.

The MI wanted me for my remote viewing...you can delete this comment if you like...it is for you. So...I can assume you know what a seer is.

I have alot of content for save the soldiers...budd, come with me there...

I have our express shite written up already.

delete the comment if you please, but reply to melanievanwinkle@comcast.net.

FYI- I scored as 2 percent of the population on remote viewing...

Don't be sad.

just email me...I thought I sent you something else to an email address...your name...in woman letters.