Wednesday, December 13, 2006

QotD: Top 5 in '06 - Movies & DVDs

What are your top 5 movies/DVDs of 2006?

5.  Nanny Mcphee- fun for the whole family.  A bit predictable, but it has Colin Firth.  Colin Firth is a great actor and is the quintessential Mr. Darcy. 

4.  High School Musical-  I know what you are thinking; "how old are you anyways?"  This movie was very well done and very enjoyable for my whole family. 

3.  Cars- Again, the whole family loved it

2.  IL Mare- This movie is older, but the American version came out this year.  This is the Korean movie that was ripped off to make the Lake House.

1.  Curious George- Possibly the cutest movie ever made.  I took my 5 year old for her birthday and we had a great time. 

Wish I could mention-  Chronicles of Narnia-  Saw it in 2005, but it was excellent.

I wish that some sci fi movies had made my list.  But x-men was bad, Ultraviolet was worse, and Aeon Flux just wasn't interesting.  The island was OK but they lost me when they survived the fall from the building.  Night watch was pretty good but not a top 5 spot.  V was good as well and was probably the best genre movie. 

I have not seen a lot so this list could change.  Superman and Monster House will be under the tree for my oldest and we are seeing Eragon on Christmas Eve. 

In 2007 I already have plans to take my daughter to see Spiderman 3 and Transformers.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: