Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Job Fair

As an employer, why even go to a job fair, if you are not going to collect resumes.  "oh," you can apply online."  What! What!  The whole reason to come to a job fair is for face to face contact.  I got dressed up in my best duds and paid for parking downtown just to be told to check out the internet site for a list of oppenings and an online application.  This is on top of the selection of places there were pretty low.  I don't want a sales job, I don't have a degree in nursing, and I don't want to work at McDonalds.  I have a worthless English degree that doesn't convey the fact that you can train me to just about anything and train me quickly. 

 

Is anyone hiring or know a place that is.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

little wonders said...

Good luck, it sucks out there looking for work.