Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The Uninvited

Let me preface this review by saying that I am a huge fan of the Korean movie that inspired this, A Tale of Two Sisters.  So I knew the twist and could see it coming from a mile away.  They dropped a second twist that the Korean version had.  Emily Browning did a pretty good job, as did the other women, but the dad character wasn't very good in my opinion  I watched the extra features to see if they mention the Korean movie.  They do and they admit to westernizing the story.  They also say that the Korean movie was very complex and they had to make it simpler.  If you are going to watch both movies I would watch the American version first.  If you only watch one make it the Korean Tale of Two Sisters. 

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: