Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Memory Leaks

Help!  about a month ago my computer started giving me memory warning.  It had 2gb of Ram so I went out and bought a second stick thinking this would solve all of my problems.  Nope, about 24hrs after installing the new Ram, I get the same warning.  I look at my processes and applications and nothing is really taking a huge amount.  My biggest user was windows defender with real time on.  I also recently installed Plex for the roku and that does take a lot of ram but still there should be plenty to go around.  I then look at the performance manager and realize that most of my memory is tied up and unusable in the modified memory category. 

I took pagefiling off of windows controlled and basically tripled it and that seems to have solved the modified memory issue, but it doesn't change the fact that my computer right after startup is consuming 1.8gb of Ram and is leveling off with at about 2.3 when in use.  That just seems high to me.  I have a feeling that plex is one of the main culprits, but deleting plex means none of the content on my computer is available on my bedroom TV. 

Any ideas?

No comments: