Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Integrity



So I watched a little of Miss Teen USA last night. Lets start with the performers. I don't know who picked the music or what alley they drug the people who sing it out of. What I do know is that the performances were horrible. My cat sings prettier serenades when she is in heat.

The choreography might not have been bad, but I couldn't tell. None of the girls knew their steps. That or they just couldn't actually do them. Like Zoolander, some of the girls just couldn't turn left.

Finally, the contest is supposed to be more than about looks. The final question is important and you would think that your answer to that question would effect the outcome. Miss Teen Montana, the eventual winner, was asked what integrity is. Her answer, "doing whatever it takes to get what you want." What!?!

That is the opposite of integrity. Her answer was drawn out a little longer but that is what she said. She should have been disqualified for such a moronic answer. I had to wonder what the whatever it takes was that she used to win the competition. It surely wasn't a firm grasp on the English language.

Dictionary.com states:

    1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.
    2. The state of being unimpaired; soundness.
    3. The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness.

Miss Teen USA competition has no integrity.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Integrity has been the buzzword the past couple days with me. At our first annual company trip we talked a lot about it and how some people just don't have it. We got a few mixed messages in the meetings because some moderators spoke on the importance of maintaining integrity and other moderators told us to lie to people or at least twist truths a little. Some of the moderators sounded like Miss Teen USA.

Carrie Nichols said...

I never watch those things...now I know why!!!

Jackie said...

And people wonder why I have lost faith in humanity.