Saturday, September 18, 2010

Art of Motion Boston

DSCF2463 Yesterday,  Boston hosted the Art of Motion Free running and Parkour tour.  Jung brought the girls down and we had a burger at B-Good burgers in Downtown Crossing before going back to watch the Free Runners.  DSCF2452

By the time we got back there were any good places to stand so we couldn’t see the whole course.  After looking around I realized that no matter where you stood, you could only see about 1/3 of the course.  It was a lot of fun though. 

The girls loved it.  They were jumping over the flower beds in City Hall Plaza and when we went to get on the train to go home, weDSCF2458 spent an hour outside of the station running up the pyramid walls.  Ally really liked it.  She was born in the year of the monkey and loves climbing and jumping, so this was right up her “alley.”

Jung was only wearing a hoodie and didn’t bring a jacket for me and it started to get pretty cool so we missed the Parkour stuff, which I tend to like the concept of more than free running.  Jung likened free running to gymnastics and I totally agree. 

DSCF2468

2 comments:

ali cross said...

I *love* free running and parkour. We are a karate family here (kwon shu) and are constantly amazed to discover what the human body can do. I did not know they had public competitions or whatever for this. I'm gonna have to see if there are ever any happening in my neck of the woods.

Thanks for finding me ~ I'm happy to have met you!

Jen said...

That is so cool! I'll have to look for something in my area like this.