Friday, January 14, 2011

I lift things up and put them down!

Planet Fitness apparently thinks it is okay to discriminate against Austrians.  The sales guy’s attitude does a complete 180 when he hears the accent.  Until he finally leads the poor guy outside and locks him out.  The commercial ends with the words, not his planet… yours.  Is this aimed at all foreigners or just Austrians.  The ending is really scary as it says that this guy doesn’t even deserve a place on our planet.  Is planet fitness suggesting genocide.  Maybe it starts with the Austrians but where does it stop.  You shouldn’t have to hid your nationality in order to work out. 
Join me in boycotting this company for their discriminatory actions.  Austrians have just as much right to this planet as the rest of us.  Sure they are a private company and can deny service to anyone they want legally, but we don’t have to stand back and support this rhetoric with our gym memberships. 
Austria, We support your people!

8 comments:

DEZMOND said...

I'm boycotting them! Not that I ever exercise, but I'm boycotting them :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm a Gold's Gym member, so no problem with the boycott!

Budd said...

thanks for your support guys.

Denise Covey said...

This is a hoot. I had to watch in case you meant, er, Australians as people often get Austrians mixed up with us or was that just George Bush?

Patricia A. Timms-McGehee said...

I'm dying laughing here. I saw this commercial just the other day for the first time. I thought it was a spoof on my state's former governor, Arnold. I'll join your band wagon with ease, I have no Planet Fitness anywhere near me. Nice to meet you! And when your profile says one of your interests is motorcycles, just what kind do you mean, street, dirt, or both? I love all motorcylces but only ride a dual sport for trail riding and hill climbing (which is not what that's for, but I don't really care.) haha! However, first loves were street bikes.

Budd said...

I like sport bikes, but have been known to ride a dirt bike or two and to salivate over the versys. I also went to Sturgis in '95.

Budd said...

L'Aussie, they probably don't like Australians either.

Unknown said...

Austrian accent? Doesn't matter which accent but that dude sounds like me a bit or I sound like him and I cant help it! I will always have accent besides the fact that I come to US over 17 years ago as a student!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do they have to be racist because You(I) have an accent? Why isn't that gym for me? Why isn't this planet for me? Why do they have to separate me(or anyone with accent) from "other" people? I had enough of Prejudiced Idiots Discriminating me or other people!!!