Sunday, January 09, 2011

Politics is about Hate!

I hate the internet right now.  Everyone is a political commentator.  Apparently that involves vitriol.  Pure poison spewing hate.  It is no longer possible in this age to have a civil discussion about politics.  People believe that their views are the correct and most logical views and feel a need to insult the other view.  This is generally done from a place of ignorance. 

There are blogs and FB friends that I can hardly stomach anymore because of the hate the spews forth from their blogs and status updates.  These people should realize that when most of what you read from them is poison, it actually poison’s the way you see them. 

I am not overly political.  I have my views but I hope that I respect the views of others.  I hope that none of my post come across as hate filled tirades.  Sure I go for a humorous low blow from time to time, but I would like to thank I am even handed there. 

Please internet, stop being a breading ground of hate and division. 

3 comments:

DEZMOND said...

yep, I would totally agree with you - the Internet lets many frustrated ignorant people to express their uneducated and unenlightened opinions in a way they would never have the guts to do it in reality :( Not to mention that some incidents in political and social life of USA often evoke an avalanche of hypocrisy in the public :(

Daniella Robin said...

Just found your blog ( via Lightning ) and well the beauty of the internet is if you don't like something you can talk about it. True that this "new media" as they are calling it spews a lot of hate, but readers need to be educated. You have the same resources and your opponents do so you can call them out on their bullshit

Budd said...

Dez-I wonder how things are in Serbia.

Penny-Thanks for dropping in. Yeah, but I was really concerned with the amount of hate that I have been reading for the past couple of months. It is disturbing. I tend to look at both sides views and try to understand where they are both coming from, but the amount of misinformation out there is staggering.