Tuesday, October 14, 2014

You can't make a chocolate shake with vanilla ice cream

I like chocolate ice cream.  It would follow that I also like chocolate shakes.  I am not a huge fan of vanilla though.  I would almost never choose vanilla over another flavor, especially chocolate.  Vanilla is only good if you put other things in it, like oreos, but then again an oreo chocolate ice cream sounds much better. 

When I see chocolate shake on the menu board of a local eatery, I now have to question what ingredients they are using.  You see, lately, I have been getting a vanilla shake with just some chocolate syrup blended in.  Um, no!.  How would the vanilla shake lovers of the world like it if I put vanilla extract into a chocolate shake and called it vanilla.  I am sure that they would feel ripped off.  That is how I feel.  Some of these places advertise hand dipped shakes.  Really, hand dipped and you don't have any chocolate back there. 

As far as I know, chocolate ice cream costs the same amount as vanilla.  Chocolate syrup, however, increases the cost to make a "chocolate shake."  The shakes themselves are the same price though, so the extra price gets passed along to all shake drinkers and we are all paying too much because the store refuses to make real chocolate shakes.  We all lose. 

Stand with me.  Ask your local restaurants if they are serving chocolate shakes or chocolate flavored vanilla shakes.  Let them know how you feel about this.  Let the world know. 

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The syrup costs extra - good point!
I bet it's just because they are lazy and don't want to buy two kinds of ice cream.
Do they add strawberry syrup when someone wants a strawberry shake?

Hayesjohnson93 said...

candy games free

castle games