Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Movie Reviews

The Prestige- Was good.  Was one of those movies you wouldn't mind seeing twice.  Is it just me or can Christian Bale act.  And does anyone else long to see a movie staring Christian Bale and Kristen Bell just to confuse people.  I regress, the Prestige is highly recommended.

Alien Apocalypse-  This is a scifi channel gem starring Bruce Campbell.  The cheese runeth over.  The acting was horrible, but not to be underdone by the writing.  The special effects were bad and a lot of footage was used over and over.  OMG, SciFi Channel, quit making movies.  This movie can still be entertaining in an MST3K kind of way.

I am a Cyborg, but That is Okay-  This is a Korean movie that is bizarre and strangley moving.  It stars the pop musician Rain (yes, he sings in the movie) and the girl from A Tale of Two Sisters.  The movie takes place in mental hospital and has lots of quirky moments.  *note: this review is from someone who does not speak Korean and watched this movie in Korean without subtitles.  My wife did translate whenever she felt like it.*  If you speak Korean or have a translator or can find an English subtitled copy, watch this movie.

Mr. Robin's Koshigi-  As someone that is poorly versed in the Korean language, I was unfamiliar with the word Koshigi (seduction).  However, I did know the word Kashigi (private part), so imagine the look on my face when my wife told me the title of this movie.  Starring Uhm, Jung-Hwa (that boy is poison-Korean popstar) and Daniel Henney.  This movie is half in Englisha and half in Korean.  My wife kept trying to translate but I had to cut her off.  I knew what they were saying just by context.  It is Korean romantic comedy in the tradition of but not as good as My Sassy Girl.  It was worth a watch though.

The Host or should I cal it Gwa Mul being as I also saw the Korean language version of this.  As it is a creature feature, that didn't matter much.  This movie was very good and had some good gross out moments.  Part two is in production as we speak.  See this movie.

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

4 comments:

Steve Betz said...

You know, I kind of liked "The Prestige" too, though I feel like I shouldn't have. The language was WAAAYYY over the top, but still I kind of liked it.
As for the Sci-Fi channel movies, I sometimes like having those on in the background when I'm doing something else, b/c its always fun to look up and see some quality cheese.

grrrace said...

loved prestige. my korean sucks... so i never translate for steve. hehe... i always make sure that he gets versions with subs. hehe...

Budd said...

Steve- I concur, always great to look up and see a horrible CGI monster. My daughter can watch the movies because they don't scare her.
Grace- We rented them at the Korean market. So they were for Korean eyes only.

grrrace said...

oooh... yeah. i can't even go into the korean market video stores ... i wouldn't even know what i was looking for. heh.you ever go shopping on yesasia? if you haven't, you should check it out. great site. you can find just about anything... WITH SUBS! it's awesome. :D