Tuesday, June 19, 2007

QotD: Also Known As

What other names did your parents consider for you?

She was a stripper named Margita (stage name margarita)  and she was having my baby.  What the hell was I thinking.  As the person going on the birth certificate, I felt it necessary that I attend the birth and take some responsibility for my actions.  Don't get me wrong, there will be a peternity test, but I will fill the role until I know better.  We haven't really talked much other than how we were going to handle having a child.  She is going to get custody and I will pay child support.  I will be available as a babysitter and will visit often.  She can't go back to stripping.  Other than the baby (it is a girl).  We don't really have anything in common.  We don't detest eachother, but we will never be friends.  It might have something to do with age.  I am 34 and she is 21.  Our only link is our shared responsibility.

I got the call at 2:47am.  I rushed to the hospital only to have to wait.  While waiting, she brought up the topic of names.  She said she was going to call the baby Champaign.  I absolutely refuse to be the father of a daughter named Champaign.  I told Margita she was practically gauranteeing that the child would follow her same career path.  I asked what was wrong with normal names like Cindy, Judy, Betty, or some other girls name that ends in a Y and brings Nick at Night to mind.  We compromised on Champaign being the middle name and the first name beeing Bethany.  I hope that Margita doesn't start calling her Beth. 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: