Friday, May 25, 2012

Hurricane Bud

For the first time, a hurricane has come along bearing my name.  Hurricane Bud is just off the coast of Mexico and expected to make land fall as a Cat 2 storm.  I don’t know how to react to this.  As a human I don’t want hurricanes to cause damage, destroy things, or kill people.  But the storm carries my name.  I want things with my name on them to be the best, the biggest, the strongest.  I want people to remember Hurricane Bud.  That is only natural, right.
 
Here is to hoping it makes landfall in an unpopulated area or something.  No wait.  I hope it comes aground as a cat 5 storm and wipes out a terrorist cell and then drops down to severe thunderstorms immediately after.  And while it is brewing it sends some righteous waves to the surfers of Southern California.  I think I could handle it being remembered that way.  “Remember those swells from Hurricane Bud?  They were the biggest waves I have ever surfed!”  But, you know, still takes out a terrorist cell. 
 

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It could happen! I think there was a Hurricane Alex but obviously it wasn't memorable.

SteveB said...

I was just disappointed that it was Budd...

Jennifer Hillier said...

Hurricane Bud? I think that's your new nickname! :)

In all seriousness, I hope nobody was hurt.